Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Jason!

It's official. Jason is another year older, and I'd like to think, another year wiser lol.  It was a relaxing night.  To celebrate his 31st birthday I made a quiet dinner at the house: steak, potatoes, and sweet corn.  I usually don't take pictures of food, but I couldn't resist this time.

And for dessert - peanut butter cake! What birthday would be complete without peanut butter cake?

Yes there is a special cake recipe that I got from Jason's mom and have made a couple of times.  I thought I was doing pretty good with this whole cake recipe until I saw a picture of Jason and Josh on their birthday as kids - each standing next to their own round, two tiered, frosted cake lol.

Jason's mom had brought the picture to our house when we were creating picture boards for the wedding. 
When I saw it I started laughing.  All this time I've been making an 8x8 cake, frosting it and calling it good.  So this year...I did it right...This picture is for you GayAnn...    


Aside from peanut butter cake, we're going to see a boxing match Friday.  And it's the first time I got to buy a birthday card that said 'To my Husband'!

No comments:

Post a Comment