Monday, July 12, 2010

Inspired by Wimbledon?

Recently Jason and I have taken up tennis.  I don't know if we are inspired by the people grunting away at Wimbledon or what, but we went out and bought some cheap tennis rackets and have been playing semi-regularly at a court near our house. 

For months we'd pass the court and say, 'we should really try tennis sometime.'  The thought usually fades as fast as we say it, but for some reason when Jason said it again a few weeks ago we really did something about it. 

Now, I've never played a game of tennis in my life - not for fun or even in a gym class - never.  Jason, who seems to know how to play every sport well, is attempting to teach me.  Aside from the screwy scoring system where zero points is called 'love' -  I'm getting the hang of it.  Now let's see how long we stick with it....

No comments:

Post a Comment