Thursday, December 9, 2010

I get it now

Every year my family would decorate the tree my mom would break out old ornaments that we had made over the years.  I never understood why she felt the urge to put our macaroni reindeer on the tree year after year, but now I get it.  Those ornaments have a story.  Now some of ours do too.
The shark has a story.  When Jason and I first started dating we went to a bar in Uptown and had a popular drink called a 'shark tank.'  The shark is filled with grenadine which you dump into the drink.  He kept the shark, added fishing line and hook, and gave it to me for our first Christmas four years ago.
When we were in Hawaii we bought this hand painted ornament.  We decided it would be our little tradition to get holiday ornaments from each place we travel to.
Our tree topper is an angel.  My mom gave it to me a few years ago.  It's the same tree topper we put on our tree every year.  My mom tried to retire her, but I wouldn't have it.  She's a little rough around the edges, but I like her.
This little toad in a throne is an ornament my Gramma gave me.  It says, "You have to kiss a lot of toads to find a prince."
This one I made with my grandparents.  They made a lot of crafts and sold things like this at various craft fairs.  I remember making a ton of them one year.
This angel was a gift from Jason's mom.  It's been on our tree since we moved into our house.

Eventually we'll have a tree full of stories...

1 comment:

  1. See you are getting more and more like your mother.

    ReplyDelete