Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bringin' home the hardware

This past weekend was a busy one.  My family came out to Minnesota to visit and to attend the regional Emmy awards with us.  I was nominated for an award for a special newscast I put together on cold cases.

So my family flew 1500 miles for this event, and what happens?  Our dinner went a little late and we missed my award category!  Now in years past the event hasn't started on time and the cable news awards have always been last so we didn't think much of it when we walked in 15 minutes late.  Well, they changed things up this year, and we missed my category.

We found out later that I had indeed won the emmy!  At the end of the awards ceremony I went to claim the one lone statue that was sitting on the table at the end of the night.  At least I have a story to tell!
A few of us went up to the stage afterward to snap a few pictures near the giant Emmy statues on stage.
 
 Ben and I celebrated after we finally got the statue.  Ben is the talented photographer that helped me put the cold case series together.

The rest of the night was much smoother.  12 News was nominated for 5 Emmy's and we won 4 of them.  Here's the news crew...
Despite the bad timing, we all had a good time!  Since we were late there weren't enough seats for all 12 of us to sit together so they put us all up in the balcony.  We had the whole place to ourselves, which is good....we're not exactly the quietest bunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment